Sunday, January 27, 2008

Money is...

...never a problem, only a difficulty. This according to a couple well-trusted sources across the Atlantic. While on the surface this might not make sense, when examining the definitions and the context the saying does very well. And it does describe my current condition.

I have crossed a magic threshold in my savings regime. If I were to very much simplify my lifestyle (and in many ways it does need it), I could support myself from now until age 90 through my own money. Granted, being a Greedy Gus, I will over the next few years try to save enough to remain "UN-simple". But knowing that I can walk away from certain aspects of life if need be is very comforting. Perhaps it would be even more comforting to just do it.

We shall see what the next few months in the working world bring...

No comments: