Saturday, February 16, 2008

'Round and 'round it goes...

Well, I'm about halfway through the ugly slog of work in 2008. One set of software is loaded but is at the "well, there's still a few bugs" phase. Yesterday was 18 dreary hours (4AM to 10PM) of a system upgrade; 11 of those hours were spent watching backup tapes. I have a bird banding program today (plus teaching someone the new banding reports program). I suspect at least one person will call this weekend with upgrade-related issues, even if this is SUPPOSED to be a long weekend. I'm fried more than beans and burgers.

At least two nice things happened this week. I received Valentines (one nice and one naughty) from unexpected sources. And while waiting for the last backup to finish I came across this comedy skit that had me using my remaining energy in gales of guffawing. Perhaps it was just the time of day, my sense of humor, both?

Sleep. Need sleep...

No comments: