Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Somebody feed this idiot a happy pill...

...the idiot being me, of course. Someone famous somewhere (perhaps it was Peanuts' own Linus van Pelt) once stated "I love humanity, it's people I can't stand", which pretty much sums me up lately. With a very few well-chosen exceptions (you know who you are)...

It seemed like all my work buddies needed to reach me between 4PM and 5PM, when I'm trying to get home from a different remote site. With the cellphone on vibrate, my leg never felt so good. Two stops later and I was finally home by 6:30. After chugging a Mountain Dew (a major vice), I am now ready for 10PM server maintenance, which then must be checked at 5AM before every one's workday starts. I thought service to one's fellow man was supposed to feel good...

At least the Bald Eagle soaring over my car was a treat. Perhaps a sign of opportunity elsewhere? Patience; perhaps the upcoming Birds and Beer will yield some insight.

Odd news of the week: I was re-watching Ken Burns' "The Civil War," when about 30 seconds into the scene "kiss Daniel for me" in the episode "Forever Free" I dropped my jaw. There in a still photo of a small cemetery plot shows a headstone "AMASEE NILES". At first I thought "Is that great-great-great-uncle Amasa?" but upon another look I suspect not. But at least for a short while I was delightfully stunned.

Enough. Maintenance calls...

No comments: