Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ocean in view, O the joy!

Neither the Atlantic nor the Pacific nor a vengeance-seeking water bed, but the small porcelain-enclosed sea in my bathroom. Once safely within sight and knelt in front of it, I could puke with impunity. Which felt wonderful, really. Now I'm just sitting here writing this with a 100.3 temp wanting to call it a night (GEE life is exciting around here). So many possibilities as to the cause:

1) One of the myriad flu viruses hitching rides at work (as a compatriot, Fred, likes to say, "It's flu and tick season!").
2) Something I ate, as I felt fine before about noon. I don't know how long something like mild food poisoning would take to fire up.
3) All that bed water from Sunday. Wait, maybe this is "water un-boarding".

I will say it is difficult when 20+ miles from home on a crowded freeway to keep from splattering the steering wheel or pulling to the side of the road (can hear it now on KBEM-FM's traffic report: "We have a report on 494 south near Highway 7 of someone barfing up a storm. A gawker slowdown makes it stop-and-go northbound."). In a sense, fortune smiled...

We'll see what morning brings, but I suspect that plans are done for the weekend. If this is an illness, I don't want to spread it to friends and family. We will see.

2 comments:

john said...

well being a Lewis and Clark buff I loved the title but reall..... a toilet. God

MarkN said...

Sorry john, just a combo of my sick body and my sick humor... Thanks, though, for taking a peek! I'd love to do the Lewis and Clark trail someday...