Sunday, June 29, 2008

End of an era

The time has come to face reality. And therefore I've set myself a goal. Not a major one, mind you, but one of those little things that has nagged for many years until, finally, enough is enough.

By the end of this year I will be retiring... my boobird@aol.com account. This last unannounced, pretty much unwanted upgrade by the dear folks at AOL is so horrific that one actually gets less bang for the increasing buck than before. And with so many other good options available, why keep torturing myself?

Granted, I have numerous online accounts to change, friends to notify and other sundries, but the effort will be well worth it. Those of you who need to know, don't worry I'll keep you informed...

It's been fun, but it's time to move on. Now if I could make the same decision about other aspects of life!

No comments: