Tuesday, September 02, 2008

This mortal sin...

Yes, I was a bad boy today. And I suffered for it. Well, OK, maybe just a teeny bit. I'm not sure if this falls under greed, gluttony, sloth or another one of life's main baddies:

Did a little shopping at the local grocery. Had my usual small basket as I tend not to get that many items at once. As I stood in the Express line, I realized I had 11 items and the line had a 10-item limit. Not a big deal, I thought; I've seen others do the same thing (some with nearly double the magic number). So I continued. I got to the checkout, had my check ready, and the clerk started tallying. 7 items. 8. 9. 10. 11, and then the total...

Just then the 11th item, a small box of blueberries, burst open and scattered.

10 minutes passed before a replacement blueberry box arrived...

Not just a coincidence (or as Josh Groban would say, "kwinky-dink"), I'm sure...

No comments: