Monday, November 03, 2008

Intriguing times

A shout-out to friend and co-worker Susan, who today made my day, my month and the rest of my year, possibly the rest of my winter. She is amazing...

Another shout-out to dear sis, who has started her four weeks of cardiac therapy. Everyone is doing OK. The job situation will be clearer once therapy is done, but the future is probably obvious already; those involved just have to recognize and accept it.

I will be in line early tomorrow for the quadrennial test of our democracy. OK, I know there are annual elections of some sort, but the leap-year one is always filled with the most excitement, the most anxiety and the longest lines. Thus, an early AM walk (only a mile away) to the polls awaits. Please do vote, dear readers, whomever your candidates of choice are.

I will be either laughing or crying hysterically at Merlin's Rest on Thursday, depending on tomorrow's results. A few close friends will be joining me, so it should be a good time. When did I get to be such a lush? Oh yeah, I only drink Coke at the bars...

The above brings up a saying by my dear alter ego, Mediocrates:

Always have more than one friend, just in case.

No comments: