Saturday, April 04, 2009

Beautiful day 2...

...although it did not start that way. Woke up feeling quite queasy, source unknown but most likely food-related (although a close co-worker just returned from a few sick days, so perhaps he was more contagious than he thought). Dragged myself out of bed and headed to Lowry Nature Center.

Once there the queasiness vanished and had a wonderful morning with friend (and, hopefully next year, banding subpermittee) Amber. I did some banding training with her and she did an excellent job. I know she complained of "sweaty palm syndrome" but, having had that myself, I knew the cure: practice, practice, practice! Below I give the reader a photo she took at today's session. Best bud Roger showed up later and we all had a grand lunch at the usual spot in Victoria.

This afternoon I enjoyed a beautiful (albeit slightly chilly) time with new friend Kathy. Chatting with her just comes so easily, a comfort level to be cherished. Sometimes people come into your life at just the right time...

I must also mention the starting point of this wonderful day (actually 24 hours). On Friday night, friend Sue Plankis invited me at 6PM for a woodcock/snipe watch at Cliff Fen Park at 7PM with her, hubby Joe and mutual friend Linda Whyte. What fun to have a rotund ball of feathers flutter right over our heads!

A sweet, sweet time. Thanks to all!

Fox Sparrow

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a fabulous photo of the sparrow. I'll have to make it by for some close up looks! Thanks to you, too, for a peaceful afternoon.