Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Beautiful day...

...and I do swear on a stack of whatever you have handy (Bibles to pancakes) that these are not April Fools' pranks. These all happened today, running precisely contrary to the thread of previous weeks. Therefore in celebration, I'm noting these happenings and going to bed. Yippee!

1) The contact that caused me so much Internet frustration has been established, and I could not be happier. This person is a treasure.

2) I was officially welcomed into the world of banding birds with auxiliary markers. Granted this is not an earth-shattering change for me (just colored and coded leg bands, as opposed to the huger change of radio telemetry), but every new skill helps. Now if I could just steady myself enough to band hummingbirds!

3) The co-worker who a few weeks ago referred to me as "worthless to the organization" this afternoon referred to me as "a genius". Granted I might still be worthless, but at least I know something of the process...

4) Another co-worker might have provided me my first memorable laugh moment; we were both in stitches afterward. This meek and mild person noted her increasing frustration with the work environment, and without hesitation said

"Maybe I should be a pole dancer!"

I about keeled over right there. We agreed, laughing all the way, that she'd get good exercise, make lots of people happy and make better money...

Can't ask for more than those! I'm a happy boy this April 1st...

No comments: